Kenya Classic Safaris
January 9-19, 2017
US$ 4,690 per person sharing (international airfare not included)
From the snows of Mount Kilimanjaro, to the lakes of the Great Rift Valley, to the open savannahs of the Maasai Mara – this is Kenya, the wildlife capital of the world! Known as one of the premier places on earth to photograph wildlife, this classic safari explores the highlights of this incredible country.
January 9, 10: Flight to Nairobi, Kenya
A comfortable international flight takes you to Nairobi, Kenya (arriving January 10). Upon arrival, Ryan and Liza will welcome you with champagne and cold face towels, before driving you to the nearby Eka Hotel.
January 11, 12: Amboseli and Mount Kilimanjaro
After breakfast by the pool, embark on a dramatic drive to Amboseli National Park, located in the shadows of majestic Mount Kilimanjaro. Africa’s tallest mountain is a stunning backdrop to the unusually large herds of elephant that roam freely on it’s foothills. After spending the day photographing the resident wildlife, return to the remarkable eco-award winning Tortilis Luxury Tented Camp.
January 13, 14: Lake Naivasha
Drive back to Nairobi for lunch at the Karen Blixen Coffee Garden, before ascending the beautiful Great Rift Valley escarpment on your way to Lake Naivasha. Stop at the Strong Tower Orphanage to distribute much-needed school supplies, plant tree seedlings to off-set your carbon footprint, and help the children practice their English. Spend the next two nights at the award-winning Lake Naivasha Sopa Lodge watching hippos grazing from your balcony. Enjoy a boat cruise amongst the hippos, followed by a walking safari on the island where much of ‘Out of Africa’ was filmed, followed by a memorable visit to Joy Adamson’s historic house.
January 15, 16, 17: Maasai Mara National Reserve
Drive through the Great Rift Valley to the world famous Maasai Mara National Reserve where you will enjoy exciting game drives providing you with the chance to photograph the full range of African wildlife (eg. lions, leopards, elephant, cheetah, giraffe, buffalo, hippos, etc). Spend three nights at the Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp featuring Hemingway-style luxury tents with en-suite bathrooms and hot showers.
January 18, 19: Nairobi Departure Flight
After one last game drive, board your charter flight (included) back to your Nairobi day room near the international airport for a chance to swim, shower, and share a final dinner together. Transfer to the airport for your flight home (arriving on January 19), with memories of a unique adventure that will last a lifetime!
Included for this safari:
• All en-suite accommodations (based on double occupancy) and all meals as per the itinerary.
• Exclusive transport in 4×4 vehicles with ‘pop-up’ roof and guaranteed window seat.
• Services of excellent English-speaking guides who are knowledgeable of the local region and culture.
• Long-range radio communication (and access to mobile phone) for the duration of the trip.
• Complementary bottled drinking water.
• All park entry fees, conservation fees, entrance fees, airport transfers, and departure taxes.
• All gratuities for porters, waiters, and room stewards.
• A domestic chartered flight (January 18) as mentioned in the itinerary.
• A day room on January 18.
• Complete pre-departure information including packing lists, customized trip itinerary, and flight details.
• International airfare.
• Travel/medical/cancellation/interruption insurance.
• Single Supplement (if you would like your own room).
• Passport fees, inoculations, and Tourist Entry Visa.
• Gratuities for drivers and any optional excursions.
• Souvenirs, soft drinks, bar beverages, laundry, email, phone, and items of a personal nature.